The answer is unique to each person as the smile is, and reasons for seeking treatment are many and varied.
Why seek orthodontic treatment?
There are many reasons people seek orthodontic treatment, this includes: wanting to improve the self-confidence, difficulty with brushing and flossing, an increased risk of decay, a risk of injury to teeth that stick out, discomfort or problems when chewing or speaking… The goal of orthodontic treatment is not only limited to alignment of teeth and correction of bites. Teeth provide structure and support for the lips and cheeks and help define your face. When an orthodontist designs your smile all of these factors are considered, ensuring that you have a beautiful smile.
Research has found that facial attractiveness affects interpersonal success, particularly in school and employment settings, with dental features playing a large part in this area. In particular the appearance of the teeth and the smile. Orthodontic treatment has been found to significantly improve individuals’ body-image and confidence, as well as making teeth easier to clean. So, whether investing in your own smile, or that of your child it is certainly worth doing well.
Benefits of orthodontic treatment
- Improve self confidence
- Correct bad bites that can wear or damage teeth
- Correct protruding or misaligned teeth
- Correct gaps
- Make cleaning teeth much easier, therefore protecting your teeth from decay and the issues that come with that
- Help define your face
- Improve speech, breath and/or chewing difficulties
- Improved misaligned jaws, which then impacts your facial profile
- Help improve bad habits such as thumb and finger sucking habits in children
Here at Clear Orthodontic Studio we are committed to providing each and every one of our patients with the highest standard of care, no matter your reasoning for seeking orthodontic treatment. To book an assessment with one of our friendly staff members, contact us today.